slogger

I suggest you may want to to consider a Mikuni VM 26, set up as follows:

Needle - 5F21

Slide - 2.5

Main jet - 140

Needle jet - 182 N8

Pilot jet - 40

Air jet 0.5

I made the coversion on one of my 348's a couple of years ago and have been well pleased with the performance.

Ordered ...................from motocarb

Its now personal! Have put a new mikuni on her, new points, condensor, coil, plug cap and plugs and still running rough. Will start and tick over but if you gradually increase revs slowly at about 1/8 throttle she feels like she is not drawing fuel if you increase quickly she will rev past this part but has the odd missed beat. Have checked the carb and tried master jet on 1 size up. Now in process of having electrics apart again. Points were opening slighty early but stator screws as seized / rounded. Really need an impact screwdriver!

hmmm, took the stator off and there was a LARGE lump of metal behind it (about the size / shape of a 10p piece. Located this to be the welding that had previously been done on the case where the kick start punches a hole thru it. Wonder if this is disrupting the magnetic field !