TLR Gears Stuck

keychange

Apologies in advance I did post this in the Honda forum but I was hoping for more response before I pull the engine out and split cases - has anyone experienced this with their TLR

"quite suddenly my TLR200 can only select first & second gears. It simply refuses to select third the gear shift will not move up" ie: it moves up and down as normal between 1st and second but refuses to move up into third

Apologies in advance I did post this in the Honda forum but I was hoping for more response before I pull the engine out and split cases - has anyone experienced this with their TLR

"quite suddenly my TLR200 can only select first & second gears. It simply refuses to select third the gear shift will not move up" ie: it moves up and down as normal between 1st and second but refuses to move up into third

Before you split the cases, even still with the engine in the frame remove the right side clutch cover, then remove the clutch and oil filter rotor and the complete shift mechanism is all right there external to the inner crankcase. Might save you a lot of unnecessary labour. Of course if the shift forks are damaged which is very unlikely you will have to split the crankcases. Good luck Mark

Before you split the cases, even still with the engine in the frame remove the right side clutch cover, then remove the clutch and oil filter rotor and the complete shift mechanism is all right there external to the inner crankcase. Might save you a lot of unnecessary labour. Of course if the shift forks are damaged which is very unlikely you will have to split the crankcases. Good luck Mark

today I removed the clutch and the outer selector (parts manual calls it Plate-Gearshif ) and while turning the drive shaft I was able to move stopper (cam) and select each gear quite easily. I used some emery paper to take off the sharp edges on the selector and after a couple of tries it appears to be working. Question does this mean the selector and or the cam plate (stopper) are worn and should be replaced or do I just put it back together and hope for the best

Edited by keychange