tlm 200 tick over

gingertom

Yes to fuel getting through, iv'e emptied the tank and flushed out with fresh fuel, done all the wiring checks stated in the manual, primary and secondary coil pulse generator and generator coils. Plug is always wet, yes to still a good spark even when it won't fire..............thanks for your ideas keep them coming..jimm oh yes and if i remove plug and spin it over a bit and let it dry out for a bit it will run again for a few seconds as per normal 3-4 seconds then back to cutting out....jimm

Yes to fuel getting through, iv'e emptied the tank and flushed out with fresh fuel, done all the wiring checks stated in the manual, primary and secondary coil pulse generator and generator coils. Plug is always wet, yes to still a good spark even when it won't fire..............thanks for your ideas keep them coming..jimm oh yes and if i remove plug and spin it over a bit and let it dry out for a bit it will run again for a few seconds as per normal 3-4 seconds then back to cutting out....jimm

A couple more things to check,

Check the fuel flow through the tap with the petrol cap on and off the tank

Check that the spring clip ( not the circlip) holding the needle in the carby slide is fitted correctly and not allowing the

needle to "hang" when the throtle is returned to idle

cheers

Gazza

Fuel flow is fine with cap both on and of. As for this spring clip job i shall check that this week and let you all know how it goes it a good call lets hope its that, if its not does anybody want to buy a Honda?? its a excellent runner (honest)..jimm

Spark plug wet still suggests flooding - I have a Mikuni carb that I have never been able to get right on my Montesa and symptoms sound the same - try this - before starting for first time - turn the fuel on until you are confident there is fuel in the carbie - then turn the fuel off and try and start it. If it starts let it idle for 15-20 seconds then work the throttle - if it behaves ok and stays ok until the fuel runs out then you have the same problem I do.

Now for the bad new - if I knew how to fix the problem I would be using the Mikuni now. I have tried jetting and levels and slide clip positions and still can't figure it out - can you borrow another carb from someone to try out?

Of course if the above is the case then you can simply buy a replacement carbie because at least you know what the problem is.

Check that the spring clip ( not the circlip) holding the needle in the carby slide is fitted correctly and not allowing the

cheers

Gazza

Fuel flows with cap on or off, as for the spring clip i will check this week and let you know, Thanks for your suggestions...jimm

Spark plug wet still suggests flooding - I have a Mikuni carb that I have never been able to get right on my Montesa and symptoms sound the same - try this - before starting for first time - turn the fuel on until you are confident there is fuel in the carbie - then turn the fuel off and try and start it. If it starts let it idle for 15-20 seconds then work the throttle - if it behaves ok and stays ok until the fuel runs out then you have the same problem I do.

Now for the bad new - if I knew how to fix the problem I would be using the Mikuni now. I have tried jetting and levels and slide clip positions and still can't figure it out - can you borrow another carb from someone to try out?

Of course if the above is the case then you can simply buy a replacement carbie because at least you know what the problem is.

Bike is now in the local motorbike Guru's shed, therefore i'm expecting a miracle to happen within two days, i guess he will no doubt try all that has been suggested on here over the past few weeks, including slaving in a new/different carb. Can't really afford a brand new carb but i guess any make that is about the same as a keihin pe24 will do the job won't it??? what do you think do you have to replace like for like ??

cheers

Gazza

Give yourself 20 points spring clip was damaged and needle was on the 5th groove not the 3rd, although i was pretty sure it still blocked the fuel of, maybe it doesn't when engine running with all the vacuum/suction the engine provides, anyway i'cant waste my time thinking about all that now I've got a bike to ride.....Thanks to everybody for all your ideas over the past couple of weeks.............jimm.

Is the float valve leaking? :wall:

Is the TLM back from the bike doc? Any diagnosis? :marky:

Edited by BigMike1961