return spring

bondy

hello all im at loose end im trying to put a new return spring on my 199A but not having any joy. ive got the bit in the shaft now i need to wind the spring so its coiled when the kick start is back so when its free it returns but i havent got a clue how to do this please help :guinness:

Hi Bondy,

when you have got the pin of the spring fitted inside the hole of the kick starter shaft you turn the shaft completly to the left and then hook up the rear end of the spring to the thread rod.

Spring%252520hook%252520up%252520Bultaco%252520Sherpa.jpg

Then secure the rear end of the spring with a nut and the second secure nut made out of plate. At the end of assembly it should look lke this. (the arrows show where the front and rear end of the spring should be located):

Kickstartspring%25252003.jpg

:thumbup: for your assembly!

Hi Bondy,

when you have got the pin of the spring fitted inside the hole of the kick starter shaft you turn the shaft completly to the left and then hook up the rear end of the spring to the thread rod.

Spring%252520hook%252520up%252520Bultaco%252520Sherpa.jpg

Then secure the rear end of the spring with a nut and the second secure nut made out of plate. At the end of assembly it should look lke this. (the arrows show where the front and rear end of the spring should be located):

Kickstartspring%25252003.jpg

:thumbup: for your assembly!hello again takes alot to get your head round but now i think its click. just let me clear one thing up with you when i turn the kick start is it ok to turn it all the way round? this wont do any damage? and then hook the spring on the thread bit allso is it ok undoing the back nut as i think this holds somthing inside thanks bondy :thumbup: