crank weight nut

bondy

hi is it ok to use a inpackt driver to tighten the crank nut on the clutch side on my 199A? the nut is only abit worn but dont want to risk it with just a normal socket. ive ask bultaco uk they do a nut but they dont do them like the one thats on mine with the hole throw it for the locking wire

No not OK to use a rattle gun. Tighten it by hand. It is way too easy to overtighten things using a rattle gun. If you need a new nut and want to use lockwire, buy the nut and drill a hole in it.

Maybe you are asking about using a single hex (six flats) socket vs a double hex (standard) socket because the nut hex is damaged???? I would use a single hex socket and tighten by hand using a socket bar. If in doubt about the torque, use a torque wrench instead of a socket bar. If you are having problems stopping the crank turning, wait till you have the motor in the bike and with the drive chain in place, shift it to 5th gear and hold the rear brake on while you tighten the nut. If you want to tighten the nut up with the motor out of the bike, there is a tool available from Bultaco UK to hold the clutch basket still.

No not OK to use a rattle gun. Tighten it by hand. It is way too easy to overtighten things using a rattle gun. If you need a new nut and want to use lockwire, buy the nut and drill a hole in it.

Maybe you are asking about using a single hex (six flats) socket vs a double hex (standard) socket because the nut hex is damaged???? I would use a single hex socket and tighten by hand using a socket bar. If in doubt about the torque, use a torque wrench instead of a socket bar. If you are having problems stopping the crank turning, wait till you have the motor in the bike and with the drive chain in place, shift it to 5th gear and hold the rear brake on while you tighten the nut. If you want to tighten the nut up with the motor out of the bike, there is a tool available from Bultaco UK to hold the clutch basket still.

ok thanks for the addvice ive got the motor in the frame.and i do have a holding tool the nunt is not to bad just wanted to no if i could tighten it up with a inpackt driver saves me buying one. ive just ordderd a new primary chain as my old one is stretch i have a spare one tryed that the other day its tighter but stiil got some play in it dont want to take the chance off puting it all back together then having the same problem