2001 Rev3 Rear Brake Question

liviob

I believe the rear brake has air in the line and want to bleed it out. I want to know if their is a method that makes this process easy for one person. Considering the high point in the system is the brake line loop above the airbox the only way i can think of is to remove the whole rear section of the bike and hold the brake caliper straight up above the master cylinder. Anyone have an easeyer solution?

Edited by Liviob

Is there air in the system or do you just want to change the fluid?

I would bleed it a couple of times to lower the fluid level in the reservoir and then push the piston all the way into the caliper, this pushes most of the fluid out of the caliper and back to the reservoir, then bleed the system

Remove the push rod from the master or at least disco it from the brake pedal so you can get a full stroke or you will be there forever

Whatever you do don't get the fluid level so low in the reservoir so you get air in the line, it won't come back out

I bleed the res til it is low and then sopp up the remaining fluid with a Kleenex and then start adding fresh fluid