Rev3 200 - Factory Float Height?

mcman56

Can anyone tell me what the factory float setting is for a Rev3 200? I have set the float height to the Billy T spec but have been having all sorts of lean running issues. This means too lean with a 35 pilot and needle full rich. I suspect that the 200 has less vacuum and struggles to lift the fuel the extra distance. I raised the level some and it is now OK with the richer settings but I would like to get back to the original settings. Unfortunately, I did not record the original float height. I sort of remember the tangs being slightly above parallel to the gasket surface. Is that correct?

Can anyone tell me what the factory float setting is for a Rev3 200? I have set the float height to the Billy T spec but have been having all sorts of lean running issues. This means too lean with a 35 pilot and needle full rich. I suspect that the 200 has less vacuum and struggles to lift the fuel the extra distance. I raised the level some and it is now OK with the richer settings but I would like to get back to the original settings. Unfortunately, I did not record the original float height. I sort of remember the tangs being slightly above parallel to the gasket surface. Is that correct?

I have recently done the same "Billy T" mods to my Beta 200 with nothing but benefits. If yours is now running lean, I would suggest the carb is drawing air in somewhere else. Make sure that the bellows fom the airbox is correctly fitted to both the carb and the airbox - don't ask me how I know this !!!

Hope this helps,

C34.

"I suspect that the 200 has less vacuum and struggles to lift the fuel the extra distance."

Mmm.......... Yet a 125cc Beta does? It is pressure that pushes the fuel up the jets not vacuum! The vacuum is important and must be present in order to move fuel up the jets but it is the atmospheric equalization at the top of the piston that is pulling the fuel.

:ph34r:

Edited by BillyT

"I suspect that the 200 has less vacuum and struggles to lift the fuel the extra distance."

Mmm.......... Yet a 125cc Beta does? It is pressure that pushes the fuel up the jets not vacuum! The vacuum is important and must be present in order to move fuel up the jets but it is the atmospheric equalization at the top of the piston that is pulling the fuel.

:ph34r:

I had only seen references to the mod on 250 and bigger bikes. If it does work on the smaller engines, maybe I have another cause of generally lean. I even pressure tested the bottom end looking for air leaks but found nothing.

Does the 125 also use the same size carb?