splatters

jacksixsmith

Hi Jack I've been doing trials for 40 years and I'm not quite sure what exactly a splat is..... is it the step jumping technique where its one shot of gas ?..to compress the rear shocker and lash (nice french term for dump) the clutch resulting in the rebound of the shock coupled with the leap foreward/upward..getting you up? hopefully this will get your topic moving

Thank you

I think it is the step jump, if you could help on how and mainly what to practice on. I currently live on a farm, and have access to woods and pallets and many fields. I just need a basic starting point on how to practice

Once again thanks for the quick reply and advice

Jack

Hi

If you can get hold of a Ryan young training dvd, thats a good start, he explains well. My advice, start small, a earth bank is ideal. waist high is big for starting. build yourself a kicker. then on approach squat down on the bike and as you hit the kicker stand tall (expload) pulling back on the bars to lift the front above the rim of the bank. As the timeing of the explosion improves you can start thinking more of the clutch. you will soon be on bigger things. As the splatters get bigger a minder saves lots of mudguards. after saying all that go to a trial and just ask one of the top riders and they should help you out, You have the best currency to pay for some training from another good rider as you live on a farm. Invite them to your place and go ride with them, then you will learn lots and have a great time.

Pete

• 3 months later...