TY 250 Rim Refurb

tywill

Hi, I am restoring a TY250D and need some advice. Is it possible to refurb my old DID rims, bead blast them then re anodise them? If so where could I get this work done? I have tried to source some new rims from sammy miller products and central wheel components, in particular the MORAD TR rim which is the same style as my old DID rims. Unfortunately MORAD are no longer manufacturing the TR style.

Many Thanks,

Will

HI Will,

This company seems to have an extensive range of services www.central-wheel.co.uk. Have looked at them myself for my Montesa when I get to the wheels. If you decide to strip the wheels yourself and have them re-anodised don't forget to measure the offsets. I nearly made this mistake some years ago. Best of luck with the project.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply, The wheels are already striped down I did remember to take note of the offsets. I am just trying to work out the best way to get the rims looking new again, they have some surface corrosion, I thought maybe some type of media blasting and a re anodise might be a quick way of restoring them. Cant find any suitable companies on the net, another option is to get them polished then re anodise them. Or just bite the bullet and go for a new set of different style rims, I have tried www.central-wheel.co.uk they were helpful but they don't have any rims of the same style, they did quote me for some smpro rims(different style) and stainless a respoke at