clutch working 2 week ago ?

scorpa01

came to my scorpa today started it up no problem pulled clutch in selected 1 and cluch did't work , yet it was working only 2 week ago when i was out on it , theres no leak and resavour is still full has anyone got any ideas please surpose to be doin a trial tomorrow cheers .

came to my scorpa today started it up no problem pulled clutch in selected 1 and cluch did't work , yet it was working only 2 week ago when i was out on it , theres no leak and resavour is still full has anyone got any ideas please surpose to be doin a trial tomorrow cheers .

When you say it didn't work, what did it do ?

Phil

i could'nt select the gears as it would either jump off and go with the clutch in or would stall as soon as you put it into gear.

really strange as it was fine 2 week ago cause that was the last time i used it an just put it back in the shed.

i have cleaned the carb and changed the gear oil that should'nt have done anything to it.

Its been cold this week and your gearbox oil has probably thickened a bit , don't worry . Get it warm and as the previous poster said , just work your way up the gearbox with the clutch lever pulled in or , do what the speedway lads do. Without the engine running, put it into top gear, sit astride the bike and pull in the clutch lever, pull back on the bars ( with clutch still pulled in )untill clutch releases. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeesy !!

Phil

think I've found the problem when I started it up I pulled the clutch in and selected a gear then let it out but nothing happened so pulled clutch leaver back in and out then it released and started going , but some times when I pull the clutch in it sometimes sticks and will not pull back to the handle bars feels like the spring inside the master cylinder is sticking so probably have to get a master cylinder kit to sort it out , its just strange how its gone like that all of a sudden.