1976 superstar trial

wetfeet

just thought i would share this with you all, i have had to make it a poor copy as it was to big for youtube but i hope you like

Very cool, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

thank you very very much for this very british footage. Expecially the naming and the short driving scene with the German rider Helmut Stanik is in my personal view a highlight for me.

In my very active day's in the 80's Helmut was my local hero. I have learned some good tricky riding stuff from him and remembering very well when we where wrenching on my bike at his shop in Bramsche. Back then Helmut had a trials bike store too, my last two bikes I bought from him. He's a really nice guy and was a very good rider too.

That was wonderful to watch, thanks for posting it.

The start looks like the showground at Pately Bridge which is where one of the Miller rounds starts from - why can't we use those sections....

Does anyone know if any of them are still in use and if so in what trial. I'd love to ride some of them - or try... That looked a tough trial. Had to laugh when he announced that Lampkin had won on only 70 whatever marks...

Now, after watching that, who will still think that today's Normandale or other classic trials are set out for modern bikes.

I was there, the atmosphere was fantastic and the home riders were the best.

Pretty sure martin lampkin was on the "jumbo" bultaco.

Incredible how many spectators were there really in what must be some pretty inacessible places and in horrible weather. Would as many people turn out these days for something like that?

Maybe today's WTC could still be held over sections of that nature, a bit stiffer and under no-stop rules. No promoters required, no fee for spectating, no minders, no team transporters, no entourage - oh what am I thinking - no chance.

I'd guess it probably was the big Bulto which must have used a Pursang crank with longer stroke to get 370cc? Otherwise it would have needed a piston like a bucket on standard stroke.

Is that the only footage we're ever likely to see of a 330 works Kawasaki?

Couple of really good rides by Thorpey in there as well. Although he struggles a bit to move around on the bike now, you can still see the same riding style that we've seen for so many years on the Cub in the classic events. He had his own definition of hanging on feet up...

Thanks for that video - Brilliant!

People moan about Jack Burnicle trials commentry, but listening to Stuart Hall is cringe worthy.

Well I suppose it was the mid 70's!

The **** take of Kato & Don Smith - Can you imagine someone doing something similar now!