315R gearbox oil leaks, handlebars and foot rests

caravan_monster

Gearbox oil leak - I'm struggling to identify the source of a small leak. There is some oil on the bash plate. I reckon it had only lost about 100ml when I measured the drained oil at oil change. Could be leaking from the clutch cover, engine cover or the join between the cases (hope not!) Is there a common leak on the 315 ?

Handlebars - The bars my bike came with are narrow compared with most at 28 1/2". I'm tempted to change them for something of a more standard size. Any recommendations for an average size rider (5'9") to fit the 315 ?

Foot rests - sagging a little and the teeth are worn and blunt. I could fix them, but again, am tempted to change them for something wider and more modern. Any suggestions ? Is it worth it ?

Hi bud, mine weeps a bit clutch side, but i dont think it helps not having a rubber gasket between the motor and bash plate (lossed)

so now every thing is rubbing, dont want to wind up the side cases to much without a torque wrench, as im a world class contender at stripping treads.

my mates dosent lose a drip, (Get the big guy with the white beard to bring you a torque wrench

Cant help with the bars or pegs as just running standard.

Hi the 5 inch rise Renthal handlebar is a nice bend and what I have on my 315. Owned my bike nine years, used hard in competition and the footpegs started to droop bought s3 hardrock pegs and I love them, wider than stock as well. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

the clutch cover can leak IF the skid plate rubber pad is crushed up against it. If so you may need a new skid plate and clutch cover gasket.

Exactly my problem, the skid plate had been bashed too many times and was putting pressure on the side case causing an oil leak. I bought a new aftermarket HD plate from Lewissport, end of problem. You could take your plate to a sheet metal shop and see if the could put some more curve back into it.