Montesa 315R Showa fork bushings

samandkimberly

Just needed some fork bushings in a rush for the weekend. I did a little research and cross referencing on the web and what do you know - the fork bushings are the same as on a 2000 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster! I just got back from my local H-D dealer with a set of 4 for about 20 dollars total, they're identical. I already had seals, so I have no idea if they are the same too.

Not too surprising as the HDs use Showa for forks, but kind of funny that a Montesa would share any part with a Sportster.

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

Sam, that's a great find. I'll be doing my forks this winter, so this definitely helps. BTW, where did you find this cross-reference info? I'd like to figure out if seals match too.

Mostly by going back and forth through the racetech.com website, then by looking up Harley numbers somewhere else on the web, I don't remember where. As far as seals, though, There's always a set or two from All Balls on eBay for relatively cheap; probably cheaper than HD.

Sam