2012 A&B Championship

andat

Traditionally there are usually more clubs wanting to run A& B than rounds. The problem is getting the dates right. Many clubs have "spots" in their diaries they would love to run a round on but getting those dates so they don't clash with other Nationals is becoming more of a problem.

As a matter of interest who has got a round??

Traditionally there are usually more clubs wanting to run A& B than rounds. The problem is getting the dates right. Many clubs have "spots" in their diaries they would love to run a round on but getting those dates so they don't clash with other Nationals is becoming more of a problem.

As a matter of interest who has got a round??

Provisional: 18th March, Otter Vale; 27th May, Scarborough; 12th August, North East; 7th October, Mansfield Maun

Its about time they ran them with the Adult Championship.

Provisional: 18th March, Otter Vale; 27th May, Scarborough; 12th August, North East; 7th October, Mansfield Maun

Its about time they ran them with the Adult Championship.

OOOH don't say that, minders galore! Thought isle of man was getting one?

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Well Otter Vale and Mansfield Maun are long term holders of these Trials. The North East one is rapidly becoming a popular fixture and Scarborough are always looking to hold one around a busy schedule. No Welsh or Scottish rounds and the IOW round was ebing "rested" which is a shame as they run in a Quarry which is a nice change. I'd be surprised if a Yorkshire Centre club doesn't pop up to organise one as a few of the youths are in the Yorkshire area. At this stage I expect that the Calendar is still fluid and once clubs see it then a few more hopefully will throw their hat into the ring.

Is it just A+B rounds you have or does it include BTC and S3 rounds too on there?

If so, what are they?!

Cheers

Only 6 BTC rounds but loads of S3's, which speaks volumes about the direction trials is heading in the UK. :thumbup: Not officially published yet as it is still being circulated to the clubs for comment

Edited by andat

Only 6 BTC rounds but loads of S3's, which speaks volumes about the direction trials is heading in the UK. :thumbup: Not officially published yet as it is still being circulated to the clubs for comment

Bit Strange as only one BTC had an entry below "full". The S3 series seems to be the "Older" rider series and most are road based which could end up being a dead end.

OOOH don't say that, minders galore! Thought isle of man was getting one?

Speaking of which Dabster...I'm on the committee for the Isle of Man Youth Trials club who hosted the first round of the A & B Championship back in 2009. We were disappointed to see that there are only 4 A & B rounds in this years championship as we have always been extremely keen to get the British champs back to the Isle of Man. To be honest we didn't put in an application for the 2012 season but now we might just do that! We applied for a return in 2010 but we were rejected due to the travel costs. This year we have already discussed possibilities for making the weekend very worth while, i.e running 2 rounds (Saturday and Sunday) over 2 different venues with all youth classes, including girls.

As many of you will know we have some great venues and all have brilliant natural terrain for us to utilise to a very high standard. Following our event back in '09 we recieved some excellent feedback so, we hope to take it all and build on it as much as we can. Our team is extremely hardworking and dedicated. The amount of experience we have gained is very valuable toward bringing on the future of our sport.

If you have any views on us hosting a round next year we would very much appreciate to hear them.

Thanks

Gareth Temple

Bit Strange as only one BTC had an entry below "full". The S3 series seems to be the "Older" rider series and most are road based which could end up being a dead end.

Older as in older than 17!!! These trials are mega popular and I would hardly call Ben Morfitt, Sam Haslam and Ross Danby etc "old"

Edited by andat

Older as in older than 17!!! These trials are mega popular and I would hardly call Ben Morfitt, Sam Haslam and Ross Danby etc "old"

But many of those riders do pick and choose which events to ride in. The majority of most S3 entries tend to be older "locals" with a few younger riders.

I would also say that many are road based Trials as well which will limit their entires, (or it SHOULD do).

But many of those riders do pick and choose which events to ride in. The majority of most S3 entries tend to be older "locals" with a few younger riders.

I would also say that many are road based Trials as well which will limit their entires, (or it SHOULD do).

Limit their entries???? 100+ compared with how many in a BTC with Champ, A , B and Youth support class???

the world championship has 10 entries at best

the british championship has had as few as 6 this year

and telecat thinks the S3 championship with over 70 entries an event and sometimes over a 100 is a dead end ?

please explain....