MH200

calsop49

Any ideas on MH200 Gearbox, I understand they are very delicate, mine is prone to jump/fall out of gear now & again, also although all gears work I often have to move the lever in both directions before it will go in gear. Wondering if anybody has come up with a mod/improvement to selector mechanism.

Thanks Mark.

These geasrboxes were a bit on the weak side, A few of my friends had them hand the majority gave trouble.

Slipping out of gear is probably wear on the dogs on the sides of the gears or the holes into which they go.

Thee is a pressed on part on the selector mechanism is in primary case which can which can slip or come loose and there are some pawls that wear.

All can be sorted with a carefull bit of TIG welding and grinding / polishing if you can't or don't want to get new bits.

Cheers

drain oil . lay bike on its side + remove clutch case while pressing kickstart shaft in towards engine with finger ( if you dont case might pull shaft out of position + bits will fall off). remove complete clutch (1 x centre bolt) + use 3 legged puller to remove . look at long pivoting arm with teeth that moves small toothed wheel . under this arm is either a solid or bushed small post that keeps arm against wheel , remove + rotate or make new slightly larger bush to take up any movement between toothed arm + toothed wheel . probably safer bet to remove the bolt on piece (three small bolts) to press / knock out post , but beware of shims + 2x small springs + sliding pieces

drain oil . lay bike on its side + remove clutch case while pressing kickstart shaft in towards engine with finger ( if you dont case might pull shaft out of position + bits will fall off). remove complete clutch (1 x centre bolt) + use 3 legged puller to remove . look at long pivoting arm with teeth that moves small toothed wheel . under this arm is either a solid or bushed small post that keeps arm against wheel , remove + rotate or make new slightly larger bush to take up any movement between toothed arm + toothed wheel . probably safer bet to remove the bolt on piece (three small bolts) to press / knock out post , but beware of shims + 2x small springs + sliding pieces

Ok Thanks, will try at weekend.

Hi, gear selection has greatly improved, toothed` arm was slightly bent, also small toothed gear was not "timed" to toothed arm correctly.Had a quick ride round the gears work much better & also does not drop out of gear.

Kickstart was a bugger to get back in the correct position.

Thanks for advice. Mark.

Hi, gear selection has greatly improved, toothed` arm was slightly bent, also small toothed gear was not "timed" to toothed arm correctly.Had a quick ride round the gears work much better & also does not drop out of gear.

Kickstart was a bugger to get back in the correct position.

Thanks for advice. Mark.

Completed my first trial on sunday, used Mh200 bike was fine, just the rider not so good. However I did put in new iridium plug before I started & it definetly made a improvement to starting & power. Now gears are improved very pleased with bike in general.Mark.