Gas Gas 1998 Tx250 Contact

lewis_gasgas

Does anyone know how much i would probably get for my GasGas Tx250 Contact 1998 model ? As i really want to go ahead and get a PRO model , i think they look a lot nicer.

-----------------------------------------

Lewis

Gas Gas Tx 250 Contact

Yeh thanks guys , ive seen that one on ebay but thanks anyway james , ill see i will need to earn myself some more spare money 1st before i do any more investing in a newer bike.

I think i will have to last this one for a bit longer maybe halfway throught the summer or sumthing like that before i venture out for another 1.

-----------------------------

Lewis

Gas Gas Tx 250 Contact

:ph34r:

Some people had good 2002's. A lot had nightmares with them.

The 2002 280 TXT Pro was my return to trials after 16 years. I suppose my bike doesn't get an easy time, but I spent around

Edited by bikespace

Lew-GasGas, if you're who I think you are(!?) you might remember Steve M who used to ride with us and had an '02 250 Pro. He had no end of problems with the bike, the most serious of which was repeated water pump seal failures. It took a complete rebuild by GasGas themselves to finally fix it but by then (at which point the bike had spent more time in pieces than complete since he bought it), he (and everyone else!) had lost all confidence in the bike and got rid.

The later models ('03 on) seem to be much better, but there are no end of horror stories about the '02s. I'd steer clear if I were you.

Are you the ones who take the lad around with the fantic?

Or you could be the ones who my mate asked about going through the river or up the hill down near the pump house ?

You could have seen me last year riding a white gas gas with a big petty tank on top.

-----------------------------------

Lewis

Gas Gas Tx 250 Contact

Yeh im the lad (16 years old ) who wears a white helmet  and my mate is usually up with me who rides a Red Jcm at the moment. Recognize me ??

Errrm, nope. I guess you're not who I thought you were :(

There seem to be quite a few SDMC people 'round here these days and if I see you I'll be sure to say hello. I usually ride with lastplacebrad - I'm on a nekkid '04 Beta (I removed all of the stickers to save weight ;) ) and Brad rides an '03 250 Pro.

Wow really you got that much for it ;) nice one.

Neonsurge i swear it was you who parked up next to us a while back in the bottom carpark watching that dude (sponsered By Beta) on those rocks at the top of the hill. :(

------------------------------

Lewis

Gas Gas Tx 250 Contact

Neonsurge i swear it was you who parked up next to us a while back in the bottom carpark watching that dude (sponsered By Beta) on those rocks at the top of the hill.

Yep, that was us. It was Ian Austermuhle that we were watching practising. That lad's a bit handy, ain't he? ;):(