No stop

dave horne

so he's moved on to stoppies ..... he's practicing balancing .. why?? Because he can't wait to be able hop about like the pro's!!

Just the way I see it all, agree or not the above is very simply fact from the eyes of a newbie ;)

So when the pro,s ride no-stop, he will still want to copy them and ride no-stop, simples!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when the pro,s ride no-stop, he will still want to copy them and ride no-stop, simples!

Well said!

The big reason no stop is being looked as is because it's more manageable which therefore increases rider participation which is what it's all about! I remember this mass-debate when the rules were changed before but it doesn't take long to learn how to ride no stop especially when you get fived for stopping a few times!

Well said!

The big reason no stop is being looked as is because it's more manageable which therefore increases rider participation which is what it's all about! I remember this mass-debate when the rules were changed before but it doesn't take long to learn how to ride no stop especially when you get fived for stopping a few times!

who are the riders that are not riding now because its stop allowed?

Is Joe bloggs suddenly going to go out and buy a second hand bike cos it goes no stop?

In our club its stop allowed but the easy route is always set out no stop style so where are these mythical new riders coming from?

who are the riders that are not riding now because its stop allowed?

Is Joe bloggs suddenly going to go out and buy a second hand bike cos it goes no stop?

In our club its stop allowed but the easy route is always set out no stop style so where are these mythical new riders coming from?

I didn't say anything about ex riders, surely we're trying to encourage new riders to the sport?

I think a few clubs claim to lay trials out in the no stop style so why not just observe it no stop aswel?

A good example of why no stop is better for the masses is the Wallace cup which is not a million miles from you dabster. When it's no stop the sections are much better than when it's hopping rules, people haven't paid their hard earned money to sit in a queue and most people will go home happy. When these types of trials run hopping rules it's just a farce and I seem to remember you posting something similar yourself! Which rules do you want dabster? It would be interesting to hear!

No stop is terrible. most trials dont have venues that can accomodate no stop that well. So five a beginner for stopping and young kids to under mines there efforts, or just allow a stop "go one young en good effort". Or a comment i hear is i will allow a 2-3 second stop.

No stop is terrible. most trials dont have venues that can accomodate no stop that well. So five a beginner for stopping and young kids to under mines there efforts, or just allow a stop "go one young en good effort". Or a comment i hear is i will allow a 2-3 second stop.

They don't know if they are getting better if they get away with things. Same rules for everybody, the sections will soon change to accommodate it

Hi

For the riders who think no-stop will be easy or more manageable with increased rider participation at top level they are dreaming. We have seen Bou hop over the rocks with no motor running, most riders would not achive this with motor. Whatever the rules the top riders will be way ahead of the rest so I cant see a rule change bringing more riders to the top level.

Pete

One Yes I knew the AGM was on but did not receive an Agenda. Generally that means no changes. As I had been in touch regarding other matters this should have been mentioned as it was a couple of years ago and then riders turned out to vote Stop in.

Two The Pro's include the Spanish and they are not going to allow the rules at that level to change. Hence The British Pro riders may well have to forsake the BTC for events that run to the same rules as the WTC. No change as the "top" riders will still "hop". Only if the Manufacturers allow it or the Importers are prepared to put up the cash will they be able to do the BTC.

Three As for Getting better, the riders doing Stop are better!! After all when they do turn out the No-Stoppers don't fare that well.

They don't know if they are getting better if they get away with things. Same rules for everybody, the sections will soon change to accommodate it

Mmmm a few top riders stop and get away with it yet the lesser unknown gets the points. I also think its harder for a have a go Harry to observe. This is a one thats then becomes a five n thats a ?. Keep it simple A to B and the dabs count plus the fail.

No stop was in its day fine you wouldnt hop the rear end, plus most sections were in straight ish lines something like the Scott as i remember what little of it i did.

Should do a poll out of interest.

One Yes I knew the AGM was on but did not receive an Agenda. Generally that means no changes. As I had been in touch regarding other matters this should have been mentioned as it was a couple of years ago and then riders turned out to vote Stop in.

Two The Pro's include the Spanish and they are not going to allow the rules at that level to change. Hence The British Pro riders may well have to forsake the BTC for events that run to the same rules as the WTC. No change as the "top" riders will still "hop". Only if the Manufacturers allow it or the Importers are prepared to put up the cash will they be able to do the BTC.

Three As for Getting better, the riders doing Stop are better!! After all when they do turn out the No-Stoppers don't fare that well.

Top riders will still be top riders regardless of rules, I think we have established that.

Who actually cares about world championship? There's only 10 of them that ride and it costs a fortune to do so is out of the reach of the vast majority.

You clearly don't understand the idea behind all this is to make the sport less elitist not what just suits one rider.

What are your views with the reversing with the "brilliant" hopping rule? It's a joke! Easier sections observed properly is key and we can return back to the sport which is trying to get through sections without dabbing and not who can hop round as quick as they can

Think you may find the BTC will be running no stop

This sounds promising, i will have to go along and have a watch when the BTC comes to my area, The venues only 30 mins from where i live but never been bothered with it whilst its been under stop rule.

Something to look forward to for 2012.

Our trials have always been run to no stop rules. I just wish the observers always observed to the same rules however i would sooner have an observer who let the trick cyclists get away with a stop, i have to assume they wouldnt allow punk rock pogoing?, than have no observers at all. Positive move if the ACU do decide to go no stop as hopefully then observers will observe to no stop rule.

WTC has more in common with cycle trials than what we all do every sunday so dont really care what they do as the WTC is an irrelevance to most riders.

Edited by Old trials fanatic

All the talk of observer difficulty about stop/no stop completely ignores the fact that 99.9% of stop allowed trials allows bikes to go back without been given a five. Watch footage from this years BTC to see how far this has been allowed. When was a top rider fived for going backwards -I thinks thats the rule anyway. Anybody arguing that it will make observers life harder need to see what is being got away with now. If same flexibity and common sense continues then no more or less arguments will prevail but sections and trials will be more flowing and hopefully more enjoyable.

The talk of land being unsuitable for no-stop trials is rubbish! As its been stated, mark the section out accordingly. Also looking at land that we use a lot more of it can be used a again by opening up old sections.

As for riders that are able to stop being better riders is up for debate too. Yes they can hop about and get them selves lined up for that big step better. Put a camber in a section that an experianced Clubman uses throttle control to 'ride' around, the 'better' stop rider gets tied in knots trying to bounce round eventually fiving.

Maybe ACU wont go no-stop but a change in rules needs to be looked at. Being able to stop in a section with a foot on the ground and line the bike up for a loss of one mark! Where is the skill in that?

Is a section that can't be cleaned non stop a bad thing?

I've often hear riders say (and probably even said it myself, to be honest) "that's not a non stop section!"

What we mean is, it can't be cleaned without trick riding.

Could you get through non stop with a good dab? The answer is often yes.

In this years Union Jack Classic Trial (obvioulsy TSR22B non stop) we put in a section that could not be cleaned without hopping, it was a bit too tight to clean. No one hopped, so no one cleaned it. The top riders all took a dab, the lesser lights took more than one.

Had the same section been in one of our club trials (run under stop allowed TSR22A) the only difference would have been that the top riders would have cleaned it by hopping the back over for a better line.

I think it was a good section even though it couldn't be cleaned non stop.

I'm not suggesting that every turn on every section should be like that, but taking a 'wise' dab is part of the skill of trials.

Pete