4 Stroke Modern Machine?

james111089

Has any one ever thought of making there own four stroke modern machine?

I mean like using a honda xl 125/185 and grafting it into a gasgas or something like that?

i would love to see one done.

I have seen alot of old twinshocks with this done but never a modern machine.

A guy at our club made a Hontic ( fantic chassie and honda motor looked really trick)

james

I think that bike looks the dogs Jaylael, is it yours? I would have thought there would have to be some frame chopping to fit it in, and lowering the bashplate maybe? Is it much heavier or can't you notice it with the extra grunt?

Lloyd

Well I wish it were mine. I nipped this photo off some other site, perhaps Todotrial, but I don't remember, as it's been a couple of years ago. It sure is a neat bike though and I suspect it works pretty good too. Just thought of it when I read this thread, and dug it out of the archives. Looks a bit like an XR-200 engine to me, although a pumped up TL 125 engine would be the best choice. I have a friend here in Oregon who has put a TL 125 engine in an old '86 Yamaha TY 350 chassis and it really came out nice! Too bad I don't have any photos of it, but I could try catching up with him and taking some pics this summer. Just makes one think these types of project bikes are certainly quite do-able. Jay

someone in our club made a bike up with a tl or tlr engine. looked like a monoshock but he put 2 twinhocks shocks on the back. think he made the frame himself. think he won the south west championships on it.

I had a mate who successfully built a four stroke machine. He used a gas gas frame and a honda engine. He put 2 shocks where the monoshock would have gone. it looked very good and rode quite well, well for a 4 stroke anyway. Its still around somewhere I think, but he sold it about 6 years ago. I would have just stuck with a gas gas, but it seemed to keep him happy for awhile!