paint for montesa 348 frame

sandman

Gloss black is the right colour for the Cota 348 frame. The brace pieces that go from the swingarm pivot to the cylinder head are plated decorative chrome

thanks for the reply, its just some iv seen look a bit flat like its not a full gloss bit like a satin, iv had the chrome work done on my 248 looking really good, kicky,engine stays and mdguard brace, any surgestions on make of paint. thanks

I use automotive acrylic lacquer for frames but I'm sure there are many other suitable paints.

hi, it seems the best way to go with the acrylic, less chance of chipping, i think its possibly a MR replica, engine number is 51m16.. its got the sighned tank frame matches engine, the number 1s are upside down to the other numbers,the tank needs paint job to, was looking at rear sprocket and its got the m logo and special 33 on it front has 9 teeth, want to make top job of it :rolleyes:

Get some quotes to get the frame painted with 2 pack paint. I had mine done about 5 years ago and it is much, much stronger paint than acrylic.

hi, i was thinking about that and powder coating, dont like the powder coat heard some good things but alot of bad to, want to keep as close to original as possible, spoke to some spray shops and they dont seem to like doing them to much messin about, dont no why cos iv stripped it down to bare metal so its just prime n paint for them, did you have tank done to?.

I am restoring the same and I have had the frame powder coated. I know its not original but it looks great and cheaper than paint.

Darren

hi darren, is it a gloss finish, and how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking, just want a rough idea, did you have it shot blasted or did they do that?

Hi I had the tank painted with 2 pack at the same time as the frame but I went a bit different and had it painted black. It doesn't look too bad

hi, that is a big difference dont you like the red? or just wanted a change from the norm,i just rung a body shop down the road from me and he going to have a look at it for me they do customising jobs he says 2k is the best and would not be a problem,if he does a good job on that he can do tank unit to, who ever did it last put it on so thick most of the rathmell logo filled up,when i chipped it away it still had the gold under it luckerly.

hi darren, is it a gloss finish, and how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking, just want a rough idea, did you have it shot blasted or did they do that?

Hi, Yes it is a gloss finish . My frame was quite rough,it was left outside for 10 years.It was shot blasted and powder coated for

I have two 247's with the red tanks so just wanted something different. Give your email address and I will send you a pic. In all the years I have been with TC I have never been successful in posting a photo !

my email is sandman.mark@hotmail.co.uk i wll send you some of mine havent got many of the 348 mostly of the 248 im doing aswell theres no lighting and power were i work on them so this time of year work is slow going :angry: cant wait till light nights again, cos of an accident i had as a teenager on a moped i cant ride for long, deffo no comps my knees wouldnt take it, me n my brother used to share his bike he had a 247 the a kt250, then i got an old husky 360 in bits

I have two 247's with the red tanks so just wanted something different. Give your email address and I will send you a pic. In all the years I have been with TC I have never been successful in posting a photo !

got your pics mate, nice, iv sent you some photos but it kept saying returned post, let me no if you get them, it might be the com.au bit thats not right.