Triumph Tiger Cub Trials

triumph

Hi, what are the best forks for a trials tiger cub, and would fit on the frame without any hassle? will be glad for any help, thanks

Marzocchi legs machined to fit into Norton sliders c/w a set of billet alloy yokes. I'd only use the marzocchi legs as scotland and some other clubs specify 35mm dia max and other better legs are available but they are 36mm dia or bigger and wont fit into the Norton sliders.

Doesnt matter. Long Roadholder are good but the shorter slider and even disc braked Commando are used and are legal. If you use the disc braked commando ones then just turn the caliper bracket off in the lathe.

Now then, now then, Old Trials Fanatic! What type of fork was used by the Cub "works" riders of the day? Best regards, Al

Now then, now then, Old Trials Fanatic! What type of fork was used by the Cub "works" riders of the day? Best regards, Al

Think they were modified 3TA. Whatever it was it wouldnt be up to the challenges we face even at a club trial today. Too heavy especially if you use those god awful yokes plus they dont work! Just depends if you want to build a bike as a period piece or you want to build one to ride and be competitive on? Me if it aint competitive i wouldnt bother. Just trying to point the guy in the right direction and save him wasting his money on an old setup that was pretty awful even in it's day.

Merry Christmas Al :kerstsmiley:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Think they were modified 3TA. Whatever it was it wouldnt be up to the challenges we face even at a club trial today. Too heavy especially if you use those god awful yokes plus they dont work! Just depends if you want to build a bike as a period piece or you want to build one to ride and be competitive on? Me if it aint competitive i wouldnt bother. Just trying to point the guy in the right direction and save him wasting his money on an old setup that was pretty awful even in it's day.

Merry Christmas Al :kerstsmiley:

And a Very Merry Christmas to you Old Fanatic! Now then,I just happened to come across this very day, an old black and white photograph of John Surtees, competing on a Tiger Cub trialer in a proper mucky section. And judging from the big grin, he obviously had the Marzocchis well hidden...... Yes, you can see where I'm coming from..... Anyway, a serious problem has arisen when trying to fit these units into my 1955 Armstrong dampers, on my 1954 Earles type forks. It would be easier to fit the Armstrongs into the Marzocchis! But I think I'll leave well alone! After all, these dampers have been through the "ends cards" up Pipeline....... But I do appreciate where you are coming from too, so all the best and keep your feet up! Me? It's "Christmas's Past" time once again....horray! Al

• 3 weeks later...