BSA BANTAM D1 PLUNGER TRIALS QUESTIONS?

owen

Hello

I am building a BSA Bantam D1 plunger '53 with a friend into a trials project ready for the 2012 Bath Classic Motorcycle Club calender and need a bit of help and advise, can anyone help me with the questions below?

1) it runs 300 x 19 road tyres, does anyone know what size trials tyres would fit and what would work best, the original mudguards have been changed to trials ones but the standard forks are still in place?

2) the standard top yoke is a pressed tin affair, can a cast one from a later model fit, was looking on eBay at this one 110787478534 (its listed as a D1 version) or 260916421183 (later model) but seems to be cast, will it fit, I would like to chop it down to remove the clock mounting section but I thought the standard pressed one may be weakened if I chop it up?

3) if we were to run with no lights etc, does anyone have a wiring diagram to get me started?

4) the standard bike runs 16 47 sprockets, was thinking of dropping the front to 12, will this be enough for trials or do I need to go up on the back too?

any help or advise on these little lot of questions would be a great help, any photos or whatever will be very handy.

thanks alot

Owen

Edited by OWEN