Rd 12 club championship Peak classic trials club, Clifton nr Ashbourne, Derbyshire Sunday 15th January

This Sunday 15th sees the Peak Classic Trials Club hold their 12th and final round of the Club Championship for the 2011/2012 season. Incidentally this will also be the last trial run by the club under the auspices of the ACU as for the coming season they are changing affiliations to the AMCA.

The course will be probably 4 laps of 11 sections and as usual there will be classes for British Bikes, Pre 85 Twinshocks and Pre 95 Air Cooled Monos with routes for Experts, Intermediate and Clubman. Entries close at the start which is 11.00am.

Some of the championship titles are still undicided so competition for those final Championship points will be fierce.

As usual we would really appreciate as many observers as we can get so if you fancy observing you will receive a warm welcome and a small reward for your time and trouble so please come along and join in.

So hopefully see you on Sunday as one era comes to a close and a whole new one begins.

Now then, I well remember foot-slogging my way up a deep and steep mucky rockstrewn gulley, the winter rain teeming down, and struggling like a mad man to get the front spindle up the bank and through the "ends cards" before collapsing in a heap. A "good" three.... That'll be a five then, the too cheerful by far observer said. This is an AMCA trial, old lad! Don't learn my lesson twice...... get that rear wheel spindle safely through....!!! Cheers, Al

Now then, I well remember foot-slogging my way up a deep and steep mucky rockstrewn gulley, the winter rain teeming down, and struggling like a mad man to get the front spindle up the bank and through the "ends cards" before collapsing in a heap. A "good" three.... That'll be a five then, the too cheerful by far observer said. This is an AMCA trial, old lad! Don't learn my lesson twice...... get that rear wheel spindle safely through....!!! Cheers, Al

:blush: yeah know what you mean. It's one of those daft rules that a LOT of riders dont seem to know about, or convieniently forget. I have never been a fan but thats probably because i was brought up on and rode for years "front spindle in front spindle out". When i started laying trials out one of my little foibles was to always put the ends cards at least one full bikes length beyond the last hazard if you know what i mean cos the situation you describe always used to wind me up. Suppose the logic is till your rear spindle is out of the section your bike is still in the section? I know it's logical but somehow doesnt seem right. LOL whatever as long as the observer marks everybody the same i suppose it's ok. Problem comes because we never seem to have enough observers and riders have to mark each other then which rule does each rider apply? Thats another reason i always try to put the ends cards a full bike length beyond the last hazard :wacko:

Well finished laying out today and theres 4 laps of 11 sections awaiting your delectation tomorrow :icon_salut: Thanks to Rob Mycock and Tony Sprinks for their assistance. The ground is very cold but as the sun catches the sections they seem to be thawing well. Nothing silly just nice flowing sections around the trees and banks at Clifton.

See ya tomorrow :thumbup:

It was a cold a frozen course that welcomed the riders to Clifton, Nr Ashbourne, Derbyshire last Sunday for the final round of the clubs 2011/2012 Club Championship. Coincidentally the event was also the final event for the club as an ACU affiliated club as Peak Classic will be affiliated to the AMCA from February more details are to be found on the clubs website www.peakclassic.co.uk

As the sun slowly crept above the tree line the ground started to thaw but it was not until the final lap that it had much of an effect on the sections. The riders rode 4 laps of 11 sections laid out on the easy side to allow for the weather but they still took marks off almost the entire entry apart from evergreen Tony Shaw and Pete Elvidge both riding in the Clubman Twinshock category who both kept clean sheets.

There were still a couple of Club championship wins up for grabs and young Robert Carson secured the win in the Expert Twinshock category with a third place in class and Tony Sprinks made sure he won the Intermediate Twinshock Club Championship by taking a win in the Intermediate Twinshock class.

Martyn Stanistreet making a rare appearance at one of our events took the honours in the Expert British Bike class on his James for a loss of just 2 brilliant. The Expert Twinshock class was a battle royal between John Fearn on his Honda and Majesty mounted Mark Hallows. Neither could be separated at the finish so both lost just 4 and took the joint win which was a fitting result.

So there are a lot of changes for the club this coming season which will hopefully be a rewarding one for all involved.

Our next event will be Round 1 of the 2012/2013 season and will be at Dudwood Farm, Elton, Derbyshire on Sunday 26th February and will be followed by the presentation of the awards for the 2011/2012 season at the Miners Standard pub just up the road. See you there.

The club would like to take this opportunity to thank all the observers and riders who have supported us in the past and look forward to your continued support in the future.

Expert British Bike

1st Martin Stanistreet James 2 marks

2nd Steven Hay BSA 5 marks

3rd Darren Cooper James 8 marks

Expert Twinshock

1st John Fearn Honda 4 marks

1st Mark Hallows Majesty 4 marks

3rd Robert Carson Yamaha 6 marks

Expert Air Cooled Mono

1st Mark Weston Gas Gas 5 marks

2nd Andrew Weston Yamaha 23 marks

Intermediate British Bikes