sherco 125 idle problems

trialbikematt

What exactly are deflector tubes? Are they like filters?

You see the short green hose in the pic from chuckmorris, that is a short (crap)deflector hose attached to the bowl vent, although his is oriented oddly.

The bowl vents need to breath, yet dirt accumulation and washing could let crap in, the short hose is just for that, a long hose can cause other issues. Both sides!

You see the short green hose in the pic from chuckmorris, that is a short (crap)deflector hose attached to the bowl vent, although his is oriented oddly.

The bowl vents need to breath, yet dirt accumulation and washing could let crap in, the short hose is just for that, a long hose can cause other issues. Both sides!

Gotcha. Mine has one hose running from one side to the other. I thought this was odd and wouldn't work but there is a slice cut in the hose at it's lowest point, under the carb.

Gotcha. Mine has one hose running from one side to the other. I thought this was odd and wouldn't work but there is a slice cut in the hose at it's lowest point, under the carb.

Yea, that works better than long hoses, but they are still long enough to get fuel trapped in them like a bubble in a straw that will not move which can create a slightly negative bowl pressure. I would nip them, yet you must be the judge. You may also notice an accumulation o grunge at the opening of that hose arrangement. Need to insure they are ok inside.