Exhaust Packing

betatrials99

I would use exhaust packing! :rolleyes:

You can pick it up from almost any bike dealer, you can use the blanket stuff which lasts longer, but is harder to pack.

Or you could go for fluffy packing, never used it myself, but it is apparently easier to pack, but doesn't last as long.

I take it you have not done it before, If you do use blanket packing it is often useful to use abit of locking wire to hold it tightly around the holey tube before you whack it back in with your favourite whacking tool, no actually try to ease it in carefully so as not to bend the pipe, that was where I went wrong.

Good luck

What stuff should I pack my exhaust with?

Exhaust packing :(

Seriously, there seems to be 2 different types: The "blanket" stuff that looks like (thinner) loft insulation and the looser "fluff" type. They both do the same job but the fluffy stuff takes a bit more effort. A good tip that I was given a while ago was not to pack it in too tightly - fill all available space but don't ram it in at 60psi.

You should be able to buy it from any dealer or try trialsbits.co.uk.

Edit: bob, we must both have hit the submit button at the same time! :rolleyes:

Edited by neonsurge

Oven Insulation, MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!

Atleast you didn't use loft insulation, careful it doesn't catch fire on you, although chances are it will be OK.

I need to repack my exhaust soon, should I just pack the muffler like normal, or should I be doing the front muffler under the seat aswell, if so how?

thanks

bob