02 Sy250

eric23

I'm giving serious consideration to buying a 2002 Scorpa. The bike comes with the long ride kit too. I rode a 2000 model that had been riden very hard. The Yamaha engine on the 00 bike had a wonderful (to me) power delivery. The particular bike I rode had a severely bent footpeg, so it was hard to evaluate turning etc. Hoping to get some feedback from other owners. I'm well into middle age and ride the easy lines. Have previously owned a 2000 GasGas TXT280, and liked the steering and ergonomics. How does the Scorpa compare to the GG, ergonomics/suspension wise? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Hey Eric, The first of the SY Scorpas were released in 2001, and was Silver in colour.

You are right with assumption of the gentle power of the Yamaha motor being so smooth and controlable compared to the more aggressive power delivery of the Euro bikes.

You will find the SY has the best steering lock of all the current bikes which is a plus if you are not yet competant at front and rear wheel hopping.

I find the SY suspension very plush and easy to ride..

I'm sure if you purchase a well maintained bike it should be the reason to come home from work early to get out and enjoy. :rolleyes: