New To Trials

jezinlaneham

I have recently bought my 12 year old son a gas gas 125 txt pro 2004; its a great bike and just been to a trial at Barton Upon Humber which was excellent and very friendly;

We are keen to progress; must admit I would love a bike top go round as running round in wellies is "not great or cool!"

We have a small problem from last week with the bike; the oil has gone pink which suggets water; I will post on the forums for advice

I intend to buy chain and sprockets as they are worn; the Splat Shop at Chesterfield looks excellent.( On line)

Thats it really; got the gear and no idea is where we are at!!!!!!!!

Jez and Henry( Rider!)

I think it sounds like ATF Oil was used. If the oil is "Foamy" then I'd be worried. If it's Pink it could just need changing. If it is water and the Coolant does not need topping up then check the breather pipe does not have any holes. It can get sucked in when you go though streams or puddles. If you do find the Coolant is leaking into the Box then it will probably need new seals on the water pump on the side. Not a mega job but I usually get my local friendly dealer to do it. Sprockets are usually 9/48 and get the chain cut to fit. We usualyy find the RK 520MX is as tough as you need. As for online retailers then There is TrialsUK. Chris At Splat shop is very good but getting to know a few of the Locals always helps!!

• Like 1

I think it sounds like ATF Oil was used. If the oil is "Foamy" then I'd be worried. If it's Pink it could just need changing. If it is water and the Coolant does not need topping up then check the breather pipe does not have any holes. It can get sucked in when you go though streams or puddles. If you do find the Coolant is leaking into the Box then it will probably need new seals on the water pump on the side. Not a mega job but I usually get my local friendly dealer to do it. Sprockets are usually 9/48 and get the chain cut to fit. We usualyy find the RK 520MX is as tough as you need. As for online retailers then There is TrialsUK. Chris At Splat shop is very good but getting to know a few of the Locals always helps!!

Thanks for your help and useful comments; a friend who is good with the old spanners will be looking!

Jez