2013 Bikes... News And Gossip

neo

Hi All,

If you know ANYTHING about the new 2013 Sherco please share it with us here?

If you have an idea of what Sherco will do for the 2013 bikes please share that with us here too.

Please don't hold back. Just let it all come out ;-}

All the best.

Neo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As things tend to may times follow the Caby bike, not really sure? Seems they do state an improved clutch and gearbox, yet with the 300 performance of the Caby I cannot really see much I would want or need there. Even the clutch, if too quick could be an issue!

The cynic in me would report thus:

New for 2013;

Re-sited foot-pegs,moved a few mm,for better balance..

New frame geometry.

Revised engine internals (for better efficiency).

New exhaust internals.

Improved air-box airflow.

New front fork manufacturer.

New rear shock manufacturer.

New ignition map.

Blah,blah,blah,

Sorry ,it's been a slow day at work

Well I guess it would be very easy to drop what Sherco has never had lol!!

All the best.

Neo

Sorry, I figured that's what they had this year. I'm not sure what the deal is with whatever carb they have this year, but a lot of people here have gone back to the 2011 because they don't like the carb for whatever reason. Seems a little silly to me, they could have just changed out the carb if they didn't like it. But I haven't asked any of them yet on their reasoning.

I think you mean the 2012 Keihn (sp?) carb?

The 2011 had a Flat sided dellorto I believe.

Do you guys over there not have a problem with depreciation?

I would love to be in a position where,if for some reason, I didn't like a certain aspect of the 2012 bike I could move on and get a 2011 ...without any serious financial penalty?

Or are you lot all just rolling in it....money,that is?

I would love to be in a position where,if for some reason, I didn't like a certain aspect of the 2012 bike I could move on and get a 2011 ...without any serious financial penalty?

Hi Ham,

"Over there" ... are you referring to the USA or Oz?

"problem with depreciation" .... you've lost me (which isn't hard lol! ).... could you please elaborate?

All the best

Neo

Hi Neo, I've lost my TC 'quote' facility ,the post was in reply to the one above me.

'Over there' is my term for the U.S.,the previous poster was describing a financial utopia as far as I was concerned..I was also being a little facetious i.e. I would love to be in the care-free situation whereby I could just off load my new 2012 because I didn't like some small feature and get a 2011 in its place.

I'm guessing that the depreciation on a 5 minute old 2012 bike would be between

Hi Wayne,

I see TC Quoting is back (for me anyway) but having to sign-in each time sucks!!! .... Hopefully all will come good soon.

Thanks for the explanations. Depreciation is similar here but some folk list their 2011 Ossa's on eBay for more money than they paid for it ... then they wonder why no one bids!!

No I'm still not happy with the Clutch and Frame size on the Ossa. But I'm not in a position to buy a new bike yet so I'll reassess that (against the Sherco) when the time comes.

I see 2013 as a significant one for Sherco. They must do something substantial this year or risk loosing their market share to Ossa. Direct Fuel injection would swing it for them, but are they up to it this year???.... that's the question.

All the best

Neo

I was impressed at Alvie when an observer fired up his Ossa and started doing all sorts on it without any apparent need to warm up so the injection must be doing something. However, I don't have a problem with having to warm a bike up before I use it and, given the number on here who seem to have problems getting their laptop to talk to their 4RT, I'm not convinced of the benefits. I've never had any difficulty getting the screwdriver to talk to the carburetor.

I think you mean the 2012 Keihn (sp?) carb?

The 2011 had a Flat sided dellorto I believe.

Yeah, a Keihin that's right. hehe And yes, depreciation is pretty high over here and the people that did switch back do have quite a bit of money I believe. As far as all of us, no we are not all loaded haha. I have never owned a new bike at all. haha

I've never had any difficulty getting the screwdriver to talk to the carburetor.

I love it and completely agree :agreed: .... but FI is coming to all bikes....there's no stopping it now.

I love it and completely agree :agreed: .... but FI is coming to all bikes....there's no stopping it now.

It may, I suppose, although I think it is obvious with Ossa's that things are still very difficult to tweak a 2T motor to in the trials world. Yet carbs are far from perfect, untill this stuff becomes more affordable I do not really want it. My screwdriver still works! Pity after another 20-30 years on I can barely recall how to fix a simple carb on a car, and do not really want to attempt it, as they were s!!t with the emissions stuff and all back then! Yet all said the basic designs still do the job well enough for a trials unit!