2001 Sy 250 Rebuild - Cable Routing

caravan_monster

Can anyone help ? I'm rebuilding an SY 250 for a mate. It came more or less as a box of bits, so it's all guesswork ! - I've rebuilt the engine with the help of the excellent Yamaha manual and the chassis is mostly self explanatory. However, I'm struggling with routing everything correctly: throttle cable, clutch pipe, wires, and where to fix all the electric stuff like the cdi box. Squeezing everything in around that big motor there's no room for error.

I've spent some time searching the web for information, but can't find anything. Does anyone know of a cable routing diagram ? Or even big digital photos (that would stay clear when zoomed in) of an SY 250 of similar age from either side with the tank off would be really helpful.

Got it done, runs a treat, especially bearing in mind the amount of gravel that had been through both the engine and gearbox !

If it's a help to anyone doing the same job, I took photos of the sequence I put all the stuff that's tightly squeezed in around the engine back together:

7403409416_a6f828f69d.jpg

7403435350_dc02f88524.jpg

7403422584_cc662bf0d2.jpg

7403416284_c9990689e9.jpg

• 8 months later...

I'm in the process of a 2001 SY 250 rebuild also and need to see some of the routing.. You wouldn't happen to still have those photos would you Caravan? Also need to know where the voltage reg goes, not to mention the CDI,and the coil.. What can I say.. They where all in a box when I got the bike ;)...

Darren