Tr 280 Fan Problem

cord

Help!!

The fan on my '11 Tr280 has stopped working.

I've put 12v direct to the fan and it works fine, i've tried bridging the wires that go to the temp switch in the head, but still no joy. I'm less than useless when it comes to electrics, can anybody point me in the right direction to find where the problem is?

Edited by cord

The temperature sensor in the head may have blown or burnt the wires...

Mine did that and then the dealer wired a switch from the main wires (I'm not electrical either) to the fan direct ie didn't touch the temp sensor connector... Ran it for about 3 weeks and then got a new sensor which fitted straight in and then cut the switch out and it runs as normal.

Spoke to the ever helpful Birketts, turns out he'd seen this once before, it was a damaged wire where the loom goes into the airbox. Apparently some of the '11 bikes have a fairly tight fit where the loom goes into the airbox, and it is possible for the smaller wires to get damaged. Got to say i've dealt with Birketts a few times, and they always been amazing.

Fan running again, i'm off out for a ride!!