Wannabe Trialer In Utah

guido

Greetings,

I have the trials itch but no bike as yet with which to scratch it. I'm searching but they don't come cheap, or frequently for sale here in Utah. I have a line on a late model Scorpa SY 200 but I am having a really hard time justifying the cost of $4750. On the other end of the spectrum is an 18 year old Gas Gas 2 stoke that's affordable at l$1500 obo. In between is a '03 Sherco 290 that has an asking price of $3k. I guess I'll cool it 'till I can go to an local event and see what local riders have to say. Till then I'll practice throttle control with my KLX 250 (actually a 351).

So, howdy from the hot dry west!

Thanks for the head' up Phirain. I'll check it out. More than likely I'll hold off till I can get with the local crowd and see what somebody has stashed in their garage. There's a meet on August 18 that I'm going to attend. One fellow advised me to get a used two stroke in the mid 2k range because after all, he said, what you do with a trials bike is throw it at rocks.

There may be a Montesa '07 250 4RT that has come to market near here. It would be a good bike, yet not cheap. Better bang for the buck. I do not know specifics, yet PM me and i will forward you a #

'03 290 Sherco, lots of power! Not at that price either unless it it is near new, and even at tht? You dont want the antique gasser!

Edited by copemech