Sheffield Indoor Wc 2004

Guest Scottie

Yep Dougie Came off on the same obsticle as Fujigas. The "Cigarette packets" (Now bike boxes). Fuji Broke the handlebars on his bike and cracked his ankle. Dougie just bashed his Knee. Both were very dramatic from My position and they did call for first aid for Fuji.

Both of them took very nasty falls on that section. Should have seen all the photographers run when Fuji's bike started throwing itself about after landing!

One thing's for sure though - Dougie wanted that win badly. His face said that and he totally deserved it.

A great result for Doug and it showed in his celebration. Probably the best I've seen Doug ride at Sheffield as the oppostion was riding so well.

Raga got off to a shaky start but showed his class only losing out on winning the qualifying round by the barrel race.

However Doug was awesome in the final and he seemed to be doing the impossible by not just in cleaning the sections but doing it well within the time limits.

Wining in Sheffield is a great boost for Doug in his bid to regain the Indoor crown. But judging by Ragas performance and knowing Doug has to compete in Spain means this is destined for one hell of a battle.

I don't suppose the Spanish crowd will be as supportive of Doug as the Sheffield crowd were of the Spanish riders.

Guest Scottie

Thouroughly enjoyed it! Got home at 5.30 this morning, thought the atmosphere was brilliant and delighted at the win. Thought Shaun Morris did okay aswell.

just got back from shefield about half an hour ago.it woz a totaly brilliant nite and the best man won on the nite! :D atmosphere woz brilliant and i thought graham jarvis had an exilent ride,the best ive seen him preform.sean morris was also exilent to be the first rider out for his 1st time must have been very intimidating but he still did very well.but does anyone else think that wayne kershaw and martin crosswaite can put the riders off at times?anyway cant wait till next year! :o

does anyone else think that wayne kershaw and martin crosswaite can put the riders off at times?

I really enjoyed the commentary but must admit that I cringed once or twice at some of the comments :o

Jarvis going down the PJ1 bottles: -

"If he doesn't get the front wheel just right, he's over the bars for definite"

Raga struggling for balance: -

"Whats he wobbling about for, what a wally!"

Shaun Morris lining up for his 1st high jump: -

"He doesn't look very comfortable"

Fuji on the white boxes: -

"Look at his back tyre spinning, he's not going to make that jump is he?"

In their defence, I'd say they did a cracking job in egging the crowd on - I'm sure the riders appreciated all the cheers. The banter/p*** taking between them also added a bit of fun.

Good job done by all, roll on Sheffield 2005

I would have thought that all the press camera's going off all round would be more offputting, enjoyed Martin's tecnicall comments.

ye i supose you have a good points there yorky and kinell.they certainly did get the crowd behind the rides. :o

Edited by sherco pete

HI, i would like to see any of you boys out their do as good a job as crosswaite,he was superb!.loads of knowledge and also getting the crowd behind the riders.why do so many people moan!,it was a brilliant night to see the fantastic world champion doug lampkin win.crosser is one of the real characters of the british trials scene so d,ont knock him.i was well impressed with the two scoring girls!!!!!!,who are they?.they certainley looked the part in their one piece suits and also joined in by getting the crowd wound up in more ways than one!.i was quite hot on the night!.

Not a moan mate merely expressing a thought,"think", I agree with you though ,it cant be easy to talk about the same section ridden by a different rider 7 times and Martin did well, Wayne is down to personal tastes in humor. and as someone else has said will a Spanish commentator be so kind to brits out there! :o (discussion point Physco not a moan). Well done to all though from helpers through to riders ,world class event with the right result. :D