4T Electrical Questions

bigbird2

I think the Regulator on my 2009 300 4t is bad. Stator is good and fan and fan swithch are good but fan doesn't work.

I have ordered the regulator.

Question is - can I run the fan and fan swithch directly off of the unregulated stator output?

I don't have any lights, horn, etc. so I think all the stator aux power circuit drives is the fan?

OR - Does it also drive the fuel valve? If so why does it run without the valve switched to ON?

Also - Does anyone know where I can find a legible wiring diagram? The one in the manual is just too faint to read on the computer or to print.

Thanks for any help!

The manual fuel valve is used for bypassing the solenoid control over the fuel flow. As the manual states, if the bike has been on it's side or stored for longer periods of time, the float bowl may be empty and by opening the manual fiel valve you can fill the float bowl without starting the bike. It should be run in the "off" position so that excess fuel does not pour out of the overflow tubes when the bike it on its side after an incident.

As far as I can tell, the fan and the solenoid are the two components that rely on the regulator. That being said, the "alternator" puts out too much voltage for the fan motor, and using it without the regulator will cause it's premature failure.

Hope this helps

Spencer