Michelin X Light On A Twinshock?

heavywrecker

Replies to various.

Current police practice in an RTA is to check the vehicle out, one check is of the tyres to see if they have the E symbol.

If not then you are in contravention of the current Road Traffic Regulation and deemed not to be road worthy, Your choice!

To simply sand off For Competition Use Only would not hide the fact that the e symbol is missing.

Quite why IRC don't get the tyre approved for road use in Europe is beyond me because like Dave I believe it is up to the job and is better than the X Lite, but needs a speed rating.

Looking at the bead it appears that all that is needed is to trim the inside lip by about 1mm all the way round.

Will try and advise after the Perce Simon.

Regards

Martin

Edited by triple_x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Rode both the Perce Simon and the Downland with the modified bead on my X Lite tubless rear.

No problems, stayed on the rim at 5lb and I could not tell the difference between it and the IRC.

Oh, and wear rate seemed acceptable after 3 Sammy Miller rounds.

I must say that this was not my original idea, but simply followed the advice given to me by a very experienced fellow competitor!

At least tyre wise I am road legal !!!

Regards

Martin