Ldt Advice

smallboy

Hi all

I have been loaned a pre 65 bike and want to take part in the National Downland Trial,could somebody explain the format of LDT to me,as i am new to Pre 65 as i only normally ride closed to club trials.All/Any advice would be very greatfully recieved.

Thanking you in advance.

David

well as best as i know the downland is usually the last round of the sammy miller series (i could be wrong). ie its a a trial with road work rather than a LDT.

in any event with road work, the onus is on you the rider to comply with all road legal legislation. for instance you'll normally need extra insurance as your road policy (normally) doesn't cover competitions (and pizza delivery), you'll need your driving licence, MOT, tax, etc, road legal tyres (see recent discussion about IRC not being road legal), etc

in LDT the only difference is that you have a road book, and it's really beneficial to come up with some form device to hold the roadbook (normally tuperware box, with rollers in)