Help Please 2011 Sherco Cabestany

2011 cab 300

hi, i recently put a new frame on my 2011 sherco cabestany so therefore it was stripped to nothing and rebuilt. i had to drain my coolant to get radiatior and engine out the old frame. all i need to do now is top it back up....im not sure if i need to run the bike with the cap off then top it up?? or keep cap on run bike then take it off and top it up? hopefully some1 can help. thanks

Hi, fill up, replace cap and run, then check and re top up. The coolant will find it's level if too much it will dump some out the overflow till it's at the right level.

Running with the cap off normally applies to cars to bleed air out. I imagine on the sherco it would just pump all the coolant straight out when started.

That's the way I do it on all bikes, Someone please correct if it's a different situation on the sherco's.

I fill the rad up slowly as I find it helps to avoid air locks. Put the cap back on and run the bike until the fan kicks in for a minute or so. Let it cool so the water doesn't blow out and burn you when you take the cap off. Top up as necessary, and then squeeze the hoses one at a time. If the level does not rise when you do this, there is still air in the system.

Repeat if necessary until the water level no longer drops.

Thats how I always do it and never had any problems.