Headlight For Montesa 4Rt?

tawmass

I've got a 2006 Montesa 4RT and have have been very pleased with it. I'd like to add a headlight to it for times when I get too adventurous and end up out after dark. I'm out here in Oregon, USA and my understanding is that all the 4RTs that came into the states never had the lights. I've heard that the European versions all came with lights and the majority of people removed them. Anyone have the stock headlight & wiring they'd be interested in selling to me? Already thought of adding a helmet light, but something on the bike full time would be easier. I believe the manual says it will run 35watts for power. Is there anything that has acceptable illumination that is aftermarket?

thanks in advance!

-Tom

Edited by tawmass

I've got a 2006 Montesa 4RT and have have been very pleased with it. I'd like to add a headlight to it for times when I get too adventurous and end up out after dark. I'm out here in Oregon, USA and my understanding is that all the 4RTs that came into the states never had the lights. I've heard that the European versions all came with lights and the majority of people removed them. Anyone have the stock headlight & wiring they'd be interested in selling to me? Already thought of adding a helmet light, but something on the bike full time would be easier. I believe the manual says it will run 35watts for power. Is there anything that has acceptable illumination that is aftermarket?

thanks in advance!

-Tom

Hope this helps Tom

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONTESA-4RT-HEADLIGHT-UNIT-TAKEN-OFF-NEW-BIKE-/150939437354?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2324b1092a

Andy

• 2 weeks later...