Jcm323

stuarty70

hi guys,

i have stored away in garage a jcm323, my father bought it brand new from peter quinn motorcycles in newcastle( im guesing 1983,1984) im sure it cost £1850 ?, also pretty sure he convinced my father this was one of two he had just got and the first in country, my brother brian young rode it up here in scotland with fair bit of sucess, it has not ran in 20 odd year and is complete and std apart from my father painting frame blue for some reason?? can anybody tell ne were the " chassis, bike number is located"

thanks

stuart young

yes thats correct the plate should be behind the number board. if its out of the first batch then it will have been purchased june / july 1984. Dad met corroy at the 84 ssdt, wish he never had but thats a different story....

Some good ideas, air filter is excellent, linkless mono system like a rev 3 Beta in principle but not as good. Wheel adjusters inside S / arm like a 2013 Gas Gas Racing. Early ones were the best same ignition as fantic later bikes had motoplat and stalled much easier.

give me a shout if you need info

I had one and also had an interseting association with Peter Quinn. Not one of my happier memories. Peter told me to adjust the rear shocker all I needed to do was put it on an airline, biggest mistake I ever made, No airline was ever capable of blowing them up I spent the whole time I owned it touring British Gas depots, bus depots and anywhere I thought I could find with a powerful airline and also spent most of my time with the tyre rubbing on the mudguard. Like most piles of crap I bought the subsequent models were a bit better

my brother decided to "soften" rear shock by letting a little air out? big mistake shock just colapsed and i think he had one shot of the bike , took about 3 week before we got it sorted, we had a good few shots with foot pump ha!

Mountain bike pump would probably work now, they go up to 130psi, at least.

think it was in region of 180psi but thats nearly 30 yrs ago so start at 100 and work up. Has to be nitrogen as well. doubt you would get parts now for the shock. shim stack used to break up and rip membrane. It was made by fournales i think. If the shock is working suggest you leave well alone !