Sherco 2012 Rear Suspension, How Much Free Play?

stu3y

how much "free play" shold their be in the rear suspension on the sherco 290 2012?

how do i know when to replace the buushes etc? also if theres to much free play what bushes/bearings do i actually need? do i need the whole set or is it just dog bones or what?

It seems to me there is very little free play in the linkage on my "12 bike which uses the plain bearings as compared to the older "HK" rollers.

The older bikes seemed to start off from new with around 3mm slack at the rear axle(clearances multiplied by the length of the swingarm).

Reports from reliable sources seem to indicate that the new style plain bearings will indeed wear of course, and are still succeptable to dirt and such, and a bike well ridden may require replacement of these bearing inserts in the dogbones at 6-12 months, yet I would still give it all a good inspection and cleaning and re- lube, at the other components still need to be greased and tight bolts!

A slightly loose bolt on delta link or shock will slack things a lot!

Edited by copemech