The Good Old 70S

bultacorock

Well its 1976 and most of my friends have FS1Es and are whizzing about town i have saved up all my weekend job money and got my self a red Bultaco sammy miller mail order got all my money after that ...... What a great bike

i was down the local brook finding the most fun way up and down the banks until it got too dark :D

post-14180-0-09289600-1362742273_thumb.png

Edited by bultacorock

Well here is one of a nice clean Ulf Karlsson replica ready for the next trial, was a nice bike but liked the bultaco much more. i look much older now :D

its a photo of an old photo just put it by a widow ( nice soft light north light ) and made some copy photos and picked the best

post-14180-0-34085400-1363003308_thumb.jpg

It looks like the rear shockers have been moved forward at the top too...again though a good bike, a lot of good riders got results on the 247 Monts.

The UKR was a good looking bike and didn't have the hideous sized rear sprocket like the earlier ones, also the clutch arm was in a better place instead of clogged up with ***** under the engine.

Why was it called the Ulf Karlsson Replica though?

I thought he achieved his best results on the 349 much later on?

Cheers Blackie.

• Like 1

Why was it called the Ulf Karlsson Replica though?

I thought he achieved his best results on the 349 much later on?

Cheers Blackie.

Aye, but it might have been difficult for them to know that when they were producing the 250 UKR those years before, when he was merely a top runner and Swedish Champion.?

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

Hi Blackie

It came from Sandifords with the rear shocks set like that and a mikuni carb on it, after i had been riding it for a bit

we set it up with the standard Amal carb and i liked it much more, but missed my Bultaco so sold it and got a new bultaco my first new bike .......

Edited by bultacorock