Uem Stop Or No Stop?

nigel dabster

Europe switches to Non Stop

02/27/2013 1:43 p.m. There are 14 days

fim_europe.png

Might be expected, the European Championships will also sanctioning the settlement obstructed failure. Former EMU (European Motorcycle) that this fall is closer to the FIM so much that it now denominates "FIM Europe" following the footsteps of his elder.

Thank you to Philippe Bontemps that we found this in
fo

Read the press FIM Europe:

FIM decided to use «No Stop» rules for the 2013 FIM

World Championships and Cups. FIM Europe follows.

The FIM Board of Directors decided in November that the 2013 FIM

World Championships should be run by the No Stop rules (to stop the

bike = 5 point failure) that was abandoned 30 years ago in favor of the

modern rules where stopping is allowed. The FIM Europe Management Council have

decided that the FIM Europe Trial Championships and Cups will follow the FIM decision.

This is now incorporated into these rules

. As a consequence the section
time allowance no longer exists

• 1 month later...

I personly believe this no stop thing kills the trial sport in the end.

Not only do we have to change the way we build a section but it will look like a race!

Iff Valentino Rossi gets to old to race on a circuit, he can start in trials, it's almost the same sport in a couple of years.

The basics off our sport is control off the bike and being able to stop to prepare and set up for a hazard is the ultimate level off control.

So what iff it doesn't look sexy for tv?

Make the sport interesting again scrap the no stop rules and the time limit!

I' am not sure, but I think not the stop while still balancing on the foot pegs is the problem.

It's in my opinion the hop around changing direction which is/was often the opposite of elegant.

And of course the dab while the bike stand still which was counted with 1 point.

The dab while standing is cured, which is an improvement.

Still there is some "hop around" instead of forward there is the borderline in my 0,02 € opinion.

They should allow the stop while standing on the pegs but not relocating while trying to get forward this is extremely difficult to observe

and determine if someone is still in the move forward or only changing direction (turning) or rolling backward.

I personal like really ridden sections instead of sack bouncing rides, a stop (a real stop!) in between is OK, but here I' am probably very lonely in my personal view.

• 5 months later...

I think the rule is good for younger riders. They get more opertunity to follow up to become the best riders, because technique becomes more important instead of more extreme jumps etc. How big do the stones and gaps need to be. Was judge at the european championship ride in the Netherlands, ans saw a big gap between the five best and the rest. Some of the youth riders couldn't make the really big jumps etc but their technique was good.

In the end I dont really think it will work on the long run, because people will become used on the new way, and extremes become even bigger again. Just like the reducement on engine displacement with the MotoGP for example. Corner speed becaumes even faster making it more dangerous again.

No stop trials bring bigger entrys, that is a fact, so what if rossi turns up, at least it would be good to watch, if you stop and your young??? learn not to, (not been regular on here for ages, and I see dabster is still opposite everyone????) that is and always was the point of trials, not stopping.. surely a young lad who cant hop and gets a five is equally dissapointed. just learn to ride, not trick ride. IMHO of course.

• Like 2

I think you are missing my point. In our local club we stick steadfastly to the stop allowed rules which are preferred by the majority.

Two reasons, firstly the club has very little ground and sections do not lend themselves to no-stop at all. Secondly because the beginners are very short on skill and confidence, its very easy to hesitate or pause before tackling even a very small rock or log, which is why a failure would occour.

In reality once they progress from the easy easy route they ride mostly no-stop anyway.

No stop trials do not bring in entries, its good trials or bad trials that dictate numbers surely? If No stop trials were to bring in more entries why hasn't that worked at BTC or WTC level?

I am certainly not opposite everyone but I can see both sides, as stated only recently in the WTC rules thread I have stated "rule change makes no difference".

Ask Adam Raga, in all fairness,he was starting to become a distant second (or even lower finisher), WTC brings in no stop, and bingo, he is right on bou's tail, even beating him. This has to be good for trials.

If I am not mistaken, all the rounds of this years champs had bigger entry's. (still to small to be a real champs).

At our trials, we would not even give a 5 to a really wobbly beginer, even if his dad holds the rear fender and pushes him through. but stopping is stopping.

If its a class winning ride/rider, be brutal, you have to find away to put a fag papper between some of them anyway.

But joe soap, use your observing skill, if its a momentary wobbly stop, to re gain ballance/line, Ok, but if its a stop, especially as some of them put there foot down when stopped, its a 5, always was always will be.

• Like 2

so we have the no stop

- wobbly beginner rule

- class winning rider rule

- momentary wobbly stop gain balance rule

- WTC stop but we don't count that rule

- WTC top 5 leniency stop rule

I had a chat with a rider that I compete with. In our world we have partner checking as observers are impossible to obtain. We agreed. We will continue to compete under non-stop if it comes but we will 5 everything with a stop and place last and keep a separate score card for ourselves to see how we really did. We're there to have fun and I'm not going to be frustrated with guessing how everyone is going to score a stop!!!!

so we have the no stop

- wobbly beginner rule

- class winning rider rule

- momentary wobbly stop gain balance rule

- WTC stop but we don't count that rule

- WTC top 5 leniency stop rule

I had a chat with a rider that I compete with. In our world we have partner checking as observers are impossible to obtain. We agreed. We will continue to compete under non-stop if it comes but we will 5 everything with a stop and place last and keep a separate score card for ourselves to see how we really did. We're there to have fun and I'm not going to be frustrated with guessing how everyone is going to score a stop!!!!

We are lucky enough, "In the west country" to regularly hit three figure entrys, with 12 fully observed sections, normal club trials are around the 50 rider mark.

Canada seems to have the perfect land availability, but your population is a bit sparse, so observing is the problem, but if you all agree, what difference do rules and regs make??? we have been having rule issues for years. Trials were traditionally No Stop, that was the whole point of them. Why re-invent the wheel...

But as you say Have Fun,

• Like 1