Uem Stop Or No Stop?

nigel dabster

also in our chat we both agreed that we want backing up allowed also, but feet up. I don't want anyone telling me I can't use or try a "skill" in a section.

Having said that I'm not a fan of stopping with a foot down as that's not a skill and should be a five but then someone has to decide if the rider is stopped.

After attending every competition in years past I only made it to two this year. Attendance in general is at least 1/3 less.

I totally agree trials has participation issues in general world wide, I simply don't believe telling a rider they can't use a "skill" will solve anything.

Trials needs marketing in a big way and will recover over the next 5-10 years as now enduro riders are cross training and their kids will be exposed to trials.

We have a new crop of kids maybe starting in trials. From my experience enduro riders that cross train want to stop and balance as one of the skills to learn.

anyway I will stop and balance and take my 5 if I have to but i definitely see my competition days will eventually end as my enjoyment will dwindle.

also in our chat we both agreed that we want backing up allowed also, but feet up. I don't want anyone telling me I can't use or try a "skill" in a section.

Having said that I'm not a fan of stopping with a foot down as that's not a skill and should be a five but then someone has to decide if the rider is stopped.

After attending every competition in years past I only made it to two this year. Attendance in general is at least 1/3 less.

I totally agree trials has participation issues in general world wide, I simply don't believe telling a rider they can't use a "skill" will solve anything.

Trials needs marketing in a big way and will recover over the next 5-10 years as now enduro riders are cross training and their kids will be exposed to trials.

We have a new crop of kids maybe starting in trials. From my experience enduro riders that cross train want to stop and balance as one of the skills to learn.

anyway I will stop and balance and take my 5 if I have to but i definitely see my competition days will eventually end as my enjoyment will dwindle.

Maybe you have chosen the wrong sport?? Trick riding can be very rewarding, circuis style, or FMX , big money big thrills, alsorts of balancing acts, If you love trials just so you can go backwards, i dont get it. The skill of Trials is picking a line and riding the section, but each to his own.

WTC is so far removed from what most people ride, and way beyond all but 10/20 riders skill level, if thats the future, who wants it???

French Championship to go non stop next year. Its getting hard to stop it.

Yes… and what a face that is – just as it was in the FIM CRT (FIM’s Trial commission). A total loss of democracy.

It was the same “bullying” methods as used by the FIM CRT, when the decision where made there.

Pls. read for more information…

http://www.planetetrial.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=35013

http://www.planetetrial.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=35054