It's Been A While..!

lawrence47

Hi

I'm returning to the world of trials..!!

After mortgages - kids etc I find I've time to get back into trials after a 25+ year break.

So at 47 years of age now (were has the time gone?) I'm turning to you guys for help and advise on buying a second hand bike.

Budget is upto £1200 so what's my options? Are there rules and regs on two strokes or has the world gone four stroke? Told you it's been a while.

Look forward to some great guidance.

I'd try and save up and get any recent 250 at about £2000,cheap bikes can turn out to cost more than you think to sort out,and they're not worth much more when sorted,If this isn't possible a Montesa 315 is the best bet at your budget and buy on condition rather than age.If you don't have much mechanical knowledge take someone who does when viewing,its easy to get carried away and make an expensive mistake

• Like 1

I also live in Cambridgeshire. Depending on your ability, there's the Dabbers (AMCA) club which is great for starting out. Alternatively, there is the Cambridge Matchless club and the Nene Valley club. All of these clubs have websites and run a number of trials. The Cambridge club also runs a Summer series on a Friday evening which can be good fun.

With regard to bikes, I'm a bit of a Beta person - any Rev-3 (except 2000 model, particularly 2007 or 2008) would be great. You should be able to find one within your budget. I also agree with Huski about the budget, but 1500-1750 should get you a decent, late Rev-3.

Good luck!

Well I have good news and bad news

Good news is, it's not too late to become addicted to trials, you will love the bikes, the riding and the people, it's a great sport for an older more patient rider

Bad news, Suzuki PE's never rocked :)

It's hard to go wrong with one of the big 3, Beta, Gas Gas and Sherco, parts,service, advice, resale value etc are all the reasons, I'm a Beta guy and they have been friendly and reliable for me, Rev 3 is a great bike

If I were you I would find some riders to befriend, they will likely be able to steer you toward something that fits your needs, these will be the same guys you will need to go to for advice, dealers to avoid or frequent, set up and riding tips etc

Sounds like Nickytricks is in your neighborhood

Welcome back