Ty175 Fork Seal Can You Do It This Way

davdeborg

hi

been reading on here about changing fork seals

i have a little leak nothing magor

if i remove fork leg and remove the clips that hold seal in place and manage to remove seal from the top

can i not slide new seal down fork leg press into place and refit clips etc

can you do it this way or do you have to strip forks?????

help advice appreciated

many thanks

You will probably struggle to get the seal out with the fork stantion in place. Bear in mind that if you damage the chrome while trying to remove the seal it will cost £156 and about 7 weeks lead time to fix it. Stripping the forks means you can flush out all of the accumulated gunge anyway.

i know what you mean but i have a problem as someone as damaged the nut at the bottom trying before there tight tight tight

anyone recommend a carefull way of removing the seal i have done it before when a kid on a old banger by screwing in a self tapper either side of seal and

gently pulling on alternative sides crude i know but it worked then

The simple answer is NO ! However it is not difficult but perhaps daunting if you have never done it before. For full instructions with all the pictures you can use my "blog" as a reference tool. Go to the left side and come down to 2008, select the year, then January. The article was published on 31Jan 2008 and is called "How to, Fork Oil Seals"

Good luck

Tony