Ossa Mar/gripper Front Sprocket Orientation.

longlegscanbeuseful

Hi, I'm looking for superior twinshock knowledge again. :)

The front sprocket has a step (boss) on one side and flat on the other. Which way round should it go?

I've tried looking along the chain line for an obvious visual effect but its really not clear.

Also does anyone have any solutions for locking a 10 tooth sprocket nut as the tab washer is too big. Thank you.

Hi, Just looked at my ossa and i have got the flat side of the sprocket on the outside (nearest to the flywheel cover) my sprocket nut has an amount of the thickness machined away for the chain clearance.

As for a tab washer i ve never had one just had nut tight as poss it cannot come off because of the flywheel case. Steve

I'm also pretty sure that if you fit it with the flat side in, the chain will rub on the crankcase (or can, depending on make of chain)

As Steve says, it's not just the tab washer that is a problem with the 10 tooth sprocket, the chain can also catch the nut as well, again, maybe dependent upon the make of chain. I think the original nuts were also shouldered with a boss that kept them away from the chain. Those you buy now are flat, hence the problem. You can always space the nut out from the sprocket. Clean the threads on shaft and nut thoroughly and loctite the nut on. Shouldn't need the tab washer.

• Like 1