How Long Is The Front Wheel Spacer?

mike350

I'm close to completing my 199A but I'm missing the front wheel spacer and it seems to be about the only part that Bultaco UK don't have.

I have a similar one (right part, wrong bike) which has the correct internal and external dimensions but I need to shorten to the correct length. What length should it be?

If someone could measure theirs it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

hi mate ive just had alook at my 198A should be the same as a 199A the spacer on the brake side is 13mm and the other side is 23mm but the one on the brake side that gose behind the brake plate has a top hat im sure some 1 on hear should have a spare 1 ive just looked for you in my box but sorry dont have them is it both sides thats missing? only spacer i have is the 1 that gose in the L/H fork leg where the pinch bolts are hope this helps cheers bondy.

Hi Bondy,

Many thanks for that. The internal spacer is no problem as Dave has them. It's the longer one for the left hand fork leg that I need. I can now shorten the one that I have to 23mm. Should mean that I have the front wheel in today!

I should keep the split spacer for inside the fork leg if I were you. I could only get a used one. Thanks very much for looking.

I know that you have taken a lot of these bikes to bits. Have you ever seen a straight chain tensioner? I have bought a new one and it has a dog leg which I believe is standard. Trouble is, it stands well out of line with the chain. Nothing simple so far.

Cheers

hi mate dont cut anything just the spacer in the leg isnt the size i gave you i will go and check the size now. yes the chain tenstioner is sopose to be dog legged you must have put it on the wrong way round thats all.

Edited by bondy