Engine Rattling

jamied99

Hi I'm new to the forum , I have just purchased my first beta it's a rev 3 2003 and there is a rattle coming from the engine ? Could it be a piston , bearing or barely needs re - chroming ? If anyone could help it would be appreciated thank you .

Hi without hearing the noise or rattle it would be hard to say,but if u still got plenty of power,why not just remove the barrell and head as one,that way you only to renew the base gasket,bit of a tight squeeze but can be done in situ,to check the state of the piston, rings,small end bearings i did that to mine,and found a lot of play in the little end bearing,

Edited by bilks

Ya my 07 was a bit fuel fussy, I ran some ring free through it to decarbon and it was much much better

But if its rattling at idle then is piston skirt wear or shrinkage from overheat

And I have heard of crank bearings going on them but I would think that would produce a growl and deep knock from down low in the motor