Can-Am 250 Hiro Value

chappy012

Hi I am new to this site just after some help I have been looking at a Can-am 250 hiro.The bike is only the frame engine wheels and tires just wanting a rough price to what it maybe worth in anyone could help

Many thanks.

Bear in mind you'll have to find other main components such as a tank, airbox, exhaust - they could prove near impossible. Does the engine need a complete rebuild? Are there any forks?

Probably not the best option for a rebuild in that state

I'm assuming as it is badged a Can-am and your spelling of tires, you're in the US. You probably wouldn't want to give more than $300 for it as parts - whether you can make a bike out of it could prove a difficult task.

parts availability is nt the only issue although its a big one.. how many other folks have one and can share information/ support your rebuild.. i suspect you could fit all the other owners on a tandem or a unicycle at a pinch.

Hi thanks for replys I am fron the uk just no good at spelling. I have been and had a good look at the bike today. It dose nkt have no stickers on I saw the hiro on the engine and searched through Google. looking at the bike again there is alot more than first thort tanks thrre so are folks and rear shockers seats in a mess and it looks like someone as made the side panels. The bike still has its mudguards too and handle bars. I think everything just needs putting together

Many thanks

ok, Can-am reference and tires threw me... Can-am is what they were called in the US. Here they were firstly CCM and then Armstrong.

You can get parts for the engine. The cylinder has a plated bore so a rebuild has to factor in the possible cost of that. A full rebuild could be up to £500. The tank and side panels are one unit, they aren't seperate. There is a website here that has some info and pictures

http://www.armstrong-trials.co.uk/

To give you an idea of prices, I've just sold a running bike that's road registered that needs a general tidy up and a gear selector problem sorting out for £650. It still works well enough to ride in a trial as it is.

Then there is this one on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-RARE-CCM-ARMSTRONG-CAN-AM-310-NOT-FANTIC-BULTACO-TRIALS-TRAIL-1650-PX-/200940138494?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2ec8f72ffe