Jordi Off?

gizza5

Is that you Peter? Star of stage and screen?

Unfortunately, like most start-ups, Jotagas have now reached the point where the MBA types move in. The original staff are bounced and the new boys, flush with their newly acquired business acumen think that they understand the product and its market better than the founders. This is when the mistakes are made. I've had personal experience of this.

Edited by toofasttim
  • Like 1

Hopefully the boss will realise that he needs Jordi Tarres. A big swaying point for me buying JTG was that fact that it was the Jordi Tarres bike, it was and is Jordi's creation and has his involvement.

Jordi liaises with all the importers along with Marc Arano. Importers know Jordi of old, they trust him , like him as a person , he's a winner and many of the buyers love him.

Its Jordi and Marc who have the relationships with the buyers . The boss doesnt have the same relationship.

Now Jordi has left , but he does say "temporarily" .

I believe hell be back

They are differences which can be sorted

Its great having someone so close and knowing whats happening.

Where will the company be this time next year?

• Like 2

everyone one this page has hit the nail on the head. money is at the heart of the issues. Tim that's exactly what gasgas did when they bounced many of the crew out who started jotagas. Marc told me that there was an over night change in culture and the management wanted all of the white collar workers to have fresh degrees in relevant subjects. If they didn't they were out . It made no difference that the new guys had no experience with motor bikes at all. the important thing was that they had the degree. So they kicked out the guys who had spent their life in the industry and obviously had all the experience and all the contracts. this was the time of gas gas' major refinancing when I wrote online here that the company was up the creek and everyone lambasted me for in correct info:)

Since then gasgas has been owned by the bank entirely.

I don't think this is what is happening to jotagas. It's about wasting money and there not being enough of it. So the same problem as ours happening everywhere else with all the other manufacturers.

Im very careful what I say on this thread as it obviously involves people I know and get on with

the truth is that it is all panning out right now as we go about our day s

Edited by gasgas249uk