Uprated Suspension For Oset 16?

jersey stew

Hi anyone on here any advice on which forks etc will improve the handling of the OSET 16??

Ive found a Rock shox rear shock which with a little engineering will work but I'm unsure which front forks I could use from say a mountain bike, Rock Shox, Fox or similar?

Are they sized as 20" then?

1 1/8 steerer?

It just seems to me that once the rider has progressed to a reasonable level the bike is letting him down, as the suspension doesnt damp like it should but rather just springs and bounces around lifting the wheel off the ground and losing traction.

I dont want to spend a fortune as I am rather hoping his legs will grow and next season get him a petrol bike.

Any ideas??

Stewart

Yes youre right mate not easy to find stuff that is a straight fit!

Ive fitted a rockshox damper with the 500llb spring from Oset, took some fabrication but should work a treat.

Tom will try it at the weekend at the first trial of the season here.

But already it seems smoother rebound compared to std so hopefully will be worth the effort.

Think we will stick with the std forks for now as you said its a bit involved to fit the Marzocchi forks and also a bit pricey I would imagine?

Tom's rockshox was used and off ebay £40 so good upgrade for very little money.

Also I dont want to spend too much on it as next year he will prob move to petrol bike if his legs grow enough!!LOL