Beta Tr32 Ignition Timing

jeff1

I have been trying to get my tr 32 going after having to fit a replacement top coil from another bike to get a spark. The stator at the flywheel is motoplat. There is a real healthy looking spark. I have heard that when the pin hole in the flywheel lines up with the hole in the plastic stator casing the spark is made. I have located Top dead centre and I reckon the spark is going in very slightly before Tdc. I have tried it at Tdc also with a new plug and fresh fuel but no joy. I am getting a small amount of smoke though. Could changing the top frame mounted coil have changed the timing?

Any help would be great. Just want to ride my bike again!

No changing the coil wouldn't have altered the timing.just got this from another site,might help

Engine Oil - 800c

Fork Oil 200cc both legs

Ignition timing BTDC 1.8mm

Petrol mix 70:1 Semi Syntheic (70cc to 5 ltrs petrol)

Edited by bilks

Hiya

Thanks for the reply to my post. Do you think I'm right in thinking that the small hole in both the flywheel and the stator coincide when the spark is delivered into the combustion chamber?

I think I might have to try to connect a strobe light to it and spin the engine with a battery drill.

Thanks

Jeff

to set timing the fly wheel {rotor} must be removed,

i set mine at 2.3MM BTC..

without out a TDC gauge its real tough to get that right on the money..

if all else fails. you can swap out a Ducati set up from a Zero, Alp or Synt..as long as you swap all the parts they work great.

however..if the lower hasnt been messed with, and you have great spark...likely you have a carb issue. the pilot jet is real small on these carbs...remove it, clean it very well. and give it a shot.

yes, the hole in the flywheel mates with a hole in the red stator.

Edited by chuckindenver

Nice one chuck,

My god. Aren't forums great. When else would someone be helping me her in the Isle of Man from Denver!

I think I have the timing set to around 2mm btdc but still not firing. I have had the carb apart and cleaned and blown out every jet. I might have to try putting a drop or two of fuel down plug hole to try and rule out the carb. However thinking about it plug is wet when I have been kicking it over for a while. I'll try again tomorrow.

Cheers

Jeff